Mount Sinai Queens provides around-the-clock emergency medical services to patients seeking medical attention each year. Our hospital is among the best in the area for treating stroke and cardiac cases. Orthopaedic injuries, infections, abdominal ailments, breathing problems (including asthma), and all emergencies are expertly and compassionately treated by our skilled, board certified emergency attending physicians and medical teams of physician assistants and nurses certified in emergency medicine.
We are well-equipped to care for the most serious life-threatening emergencies such as heart attacks and stroke. Mount Sinai Queens is designated by the New York State Department of Health and certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and is the only hospital in Queens to receive this coveted distinction. Our award-winning stroke team is on hand 24/7 to assess patients suspected of having a stroke and to provide life-saving treatments that can minimize long-term damage. Cardiac patients receive rapid response from our expert medical teams who, when necessary, work closely with Mount Sinai Heart, a short distance away in Manhattan, recognized as one of the world’s leading centers for advanced cardiovascular medicine.
At Mount Sinai Queens, we focus on the entire patient. We strive to alleviate pain, fear, and anxiety and seek to minimize the stress that patients and their families may experience in an emergency situation. We work diligently to explain medical issues to patients and families in understandable terms as we update the condition of patients and provide a clear and understandable treatment plan. As the Queens campus of The Mount Sinai Hospital, ranked 16th in the nation in the 2014-2015 "Best Hospitals" U.S. News & World Report, we have come a long way in recent years to meet the needs of the community we serve. To further enable us to care for our neighbors, Mount Sinai Queens is embarking on an expansion project that will see the emergency department grow to nearly five times its current size by 2016.
Why Mount Sinai Queens for Emergency Medical Care
- Board certified emergency attending physicians and medical staff trained in emergency medicine
- 24-hour Radiology Department, where X-rays and CT scans are evaluated by doctors board certified in radiology
- 24-hour, New York State-approved stat lab that enables doctors to run tests and assess and diagnose patients’ conditions quickly
- Award-winning electronic medical record (EMR) system gives our medical team access to comprehensive medical information on all patients, including medical history¸ medications, up-to-the-minute lab results, and notes by consulting physicians
- Patients benefit from the close collaboration among physicians at the Queens and Manhattan campuses of Mount Sinai. For highly specialized cases, patients can be transferred to the Manhattan location when necessary. Specialized ambulances are at-the-ready for these transfers.
- We know your doctors, and we keep them informed of your medical progress. For patients without a doctor, we use our extensive physician network to refer patients to nearby physicians in private practice or one of the Mount Sinai Queens medical practices for follow-up.
- We speak your language: translation services are available in more than 35 languages
- Our doctors and nurses understand the needs of our community because we’re part of the community; many of our staff live in the neighborhood.
- We provide support services, including social workers, patient advocates, and communication clerks who insure that a patient’s entire medical team—and family—have the latest information
Mount Sinai Queens
Physician Referral: 1-800-YOUR-MDs
Hospital Tel: 718-932-1000
25-10 30th Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11102