Mount Sinai Queens is committed to accurately diagnosing and expertly treating a wide range of cancer and blood disorders. As an extension of Mount Sinai’s Tisch Cancer Institute, our entire medical team shares patient information through our advanced electronic health record system enabling doctors on both campuses to collaborate in bringing timely, comprehensive, high-quality cancer care to western Queens.
Our experienced radiologists use PET scans, MRI, and other state-of-the-art radiologic tools to diagnose and accurately stage cancer. Our skilled surgeons perform traditional and minimally invasive surgery to remove benign and malignant tumors. Our medical oncologists and hematologists use the latest chemotherapy drugs to treat cancer at the Mount Sinai Queens Infusion Center.
We understand how overwhelming it can be for those being treated for these illnesses and so our team of physician specialists and nurses works closely with patients and their families to allay their concerns and treat them with dignity, respect, and compassion.
Mount Sinai Queens offers the following clinical services:
- Diagnosing cancer: Our physicians use the latest screening and diagnostic testing to locate and treat cancer. These include computed tomography scans (CT), positron emission tomography scans (PET), and CT-guided bronchoscopy to evaluate cancerous tumors.
- Treating cancer: Interdisciplinary patient care teams provide innovative and comprehensive quality cancer care in order to maximum effectiveness with the fewest possible side effects. Our experienced surgeons employ the latest techniques in minimally invasive and open surgery. Our medical oncologists treat cancer with infusion treatments, including the latest chemotherapy. Treatment protocols developed at the Tisch Cancer Center are used consistently across the Manhattan and Queens campuses.
- Treating blood disorders: Our experienced hematologists treat a wide range of blood disorders, using the most current therapies, blood product transfusions and IV fluid hydration.
- Patient Support: Patients undergoing chemotherapy receive coordinated counseling, expert nursing care, and educational services in a supportive environment.
- Family Support: Mount Sinai Queens provides extensive emotional and informational resources for patients and their families, including support groups, advice for caregivers, and more.
Meet Our Team
Mount Sinai Queens
Physician Referral: 1-800-YOUR-MDs
Hospital Tel: 718-932-1000
25-10 30th Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11102