How to Become a Volunteer
Volunteers from the western Queens community play a role in creating the friendly atmosphere that makes Mount Sinai Queens a special place.
For those interested in joining our volunteer team, please note the following:
- The minimum age for volunteering is 15; may be higher for some placements.
- Prospective volunteers should e-mail the Department of Volunteer Services expressing their interest.
- The Department schedules an interview with the eligible prospective volunteer. At the interview, volunteers receive required application materials, including letter of recommendation and medical clearance forms
- We ask that volunteers commit to at least six hours per week (minimum of three consecutive hours per day) for six months (150 hours). Time commitments may vary with placement.
- All volunteer service areas provide orientation, training and supervision.
- Applicants with non-immigrant visa status (including but not limited to H-1's, H-4's, TN's, TD's, F-1's, F-2's, J-1's, J-2's, and EAD holders) are not permitted to volunteer (this does not apply to US citizens or green card holders). For alternative options, please contact International Personnel at email@example.com.
- All accepted volunteers must complete a background screening as well as toxicology and health exam before being placed.
- It typically takes 4-6 weeks from the time of the interview to complete the registration process.
We appreciate the dedication of our volunteers and look forward to welcoming new volunteers to our team who will enhance the hospital experience for our patients.
Community Relations and
Mount Sinai Queens
25-10 30th Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11102
Please enter your email address below to receive news, events, and health information from Mount Sinai Queens.