How to Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Mount Sinai Queens volunteer. We hope to welcome you into our volunteer corps in the near future.
Please note the following:
- The minimum age for volunteering is 15 and may be higher for some placements.
- Applicants with non-immigrant visa status (including but not limited to H-1's, H-4's, TN's, TD's, F-1's, F-2's, J-1's, J-2's, and EAD holders) are not permitted to volunteer (this does not apply to US citizens or green card holders). Please contact International Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative options.
- Prospective volunteers must e-mail the Department of Volunteer Services for an interview appointment. The Department provides volunteers with required application materials, which include letter of recommendation and medical clearance forms. Volunteer candidates ages 15 – 17 receive additional materials.
- The minimum required hours are: six hours per week (minimum of three consecutive hours per day) for six months (150 hours). For summer placements, required hours are: 10 hours per week for eight weeks (80 hours). Time commitment may vary with placement.
- All volunteer service areas provide orientation, training and supervision.
- It typically takes 2-4 weeks, from the time of the interview, to complete the registration process. Thank you for your interest in becoming an integral part of the Mount Sinai Queens team.
Individuals who wish to volunteer only during the summer months are encouraged to apply early in the calendar year. Summer placements are limited and last between four and eight weeks. The minimum age remains 15.
Community Relations and
Mount Sinai Queens
25-10 30th Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11102