Mount Sinai Queens offers the Beneflex Health and Welfare Program to our staff. This program gives employees the flexibility to choose the benefits and coverage levels that are right for their personal lifestyle and family situations. Mount Sinai recognizes that as life changes, so do the benefits you need.
Mount Sinai subsidizes the cost of medical/prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for our non-union employees. Our Union employees receive all benefits according to their collective bargaining unit agreement.
Summary of Coverage Offered at Mount Sinai Medical Center
- United Healthcare Choice Plus (PPO)
- High Deductible Health/Health Savings Account
- Aetna (HMO)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO)
- HIP (HMO)
Prescription Drug Coverage
Employees are automatically enrolled in the Prescription Drug Coverage (basic coverage) only if enrolled in a medical plan. However, an enhanced drug plan (plus coverage) may be purchased at an additional cost to the employee.
- MetLife Preferred Provider (Dental PPO)
- CIGNA Dental Health Maintenance (DHMO)
Life Insurance Coverage
Life Insurance is available at no cost to the employees (basic coverage) as well as the option to purchase supplemental life insurance at an additional cost.
Short-Term Disability Coverage (STD)
Short-Term Disability (STD) is available at no cost to the employee. This benefit provides income protection when you become disabled.
- Basic coverage equal to 66 2/3 percent of base salary up to a maximum of $170 a week
- Enhanced coverage of 66 2/3 percent of base salary up to maximum of $1,000 a week
Long-Term Disability Coverage
If an approved disability keeps you out of work for more than 6 months, this Plan provides you a benefit of 60 percent of base salary up to maximum benefit of $15,000 a month. The benefit payment received by the employee will be offset by any benefits received from Social Security disability or certain other income sources.
There is no cost to the employee for this benefit.
The vision care plan can help towards paying for eye care expenses, such as annual eye examinations, eyeglass frames and lenses, or contact lenses for the employee and their dependents.
Dependent Life Insurance Coverage
- Spouse: in increments of $25,000 to a maximum of $100,000
- Child(ren): $5,000 per child or $10,000 per child
Mount Sinai 403(b) Plan
Mount Sinai Queens offers its staff the opportunity to save for retirement by contributing to a defined contribution plan (403(b)) on a pre-tax basis as prescribed by IRS regulations.
Other Benefit Offerings
- The 529 Plan - New York's College Savings Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Program (TRIP)
- Tuition Assistance Program • Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Coverage
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Please enter your email address below to receive news, events, and health information from Mount Sinai Queens.